Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Heart Quilt for Valentine's Day

I wanted to share with you the first quilt I ever made. It is perfect for the Valentine season. I don't quilt enough these days because of the time involved. I do much better with fast crafts and projects. My youngest, otherwise known as Captain Grouchy in the mornings, adores my sewing machine. I can't sew without him in my lap, and you can only guess how well that goes. There are way too many buttons and shiny moving parts that he wants to touch, turn, and grab.


This heart quilt pattern has a very simple concept. Four squares are made of plaids and four squares are small prints. I created a heart pattern to pin to the 4 squares to cut out the heart form. Then I sewed a heart on top of each four square, alternating patterns. I sewed the heart with 1/4" seam so the rough edges would show and fray with washing.


Ten years later, this quilt is still in great shape. My friends all tease me that I won't have anything to do when I am 90, because I already sew quilts and do crafts. Ha! Maybe I will be better at it by then.


1 comment:

  1. Integrated solutions in Management and People with Technology.

    Management Consulting

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...