Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Love You Because...Mirror with Dry Erase Marker

I have been inspired by Pinterest once again. I saw some cut out signs with I love you because. I have had a mirror that I picked up at a garage sale for 50 cents laying around my storage building. It was finally time to do something with it! With Valentine's Day around the corner, I thought this would be the perfect decor. And besides, my 3 year old informed me today, that we just did not have enough Valentine's decorations out. I think I have created a holiday monster. Lol!


 
Here is the ugly gold mirror I started with...


I taped it off and spray painted it with glossy black paint. Oops. I forgot to take a picture of this step. Then, I finally tried some of the precious little flowers I see on blogs everywhere. I found a great tutorial. The pictures were so amazing, and the steps so clear, that I made my first rosettes (rolled flowers)!
Photobucket
I found this awesome tutorial at My Sparkle. Check out her blog here.


Here are my first five attempts. The rolled flowers were easier to make then I anticipated. I can't believe I waited this long. Just remember, they don't have to be perfect. Imperfection adds to the creative unique look in my opinion. I just hot glued my little rosettes to the mirror. The last step was adding the saying, I love you because... I sure wish I had a fancy machine, but I just used some stickers.

I think the hardest part was taking the pictures to share with you. It is sooo hard to get a good picture of a mirror without some crazy reflection! I set a dry erase marker out, and I can't wait to write some love notes to my family on the mirror.

4 comments:

  1. This is a darling idea! Your flowers and mirror look so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mirror is SO sweet! I am so glad I found your blog...I am your newest follower :)
    Tonii
    www.ptskjohnson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mirror. I know it's hard to take pics of mirrors. Good luck from Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! And the rosettes are the perfect touch. Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...