Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Farm Girl Banana Bread

My boys love banana bread. I introduced my one year old to banana bread recently, and he just giggled and smiled after his first bite. A few weeks prior to that,  I was carrying my one year old to his high chair on my left hip, while carrying a very ripe banana in my right hand. He leaned over before I could stop him, and took a big bite out of the banana, peel and all! When I attempted to retrieve it, he developed a sudden case of lockjaw, and  he refused to budge. He quickly swallowed what he thought was a treat. I laughed for at least the next ten minutes.

Banana Bread


Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup margarine or butter
2 eggs
3-4 bananas (ripe)
1/2 cup buttermilk or 1 cup milk with 1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Nuts (optional)


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine above ingredients and mix on high until only small bumps in batter remain. ( I never use buttermilk. I always use the milk and lemon juice combo as a substitute)
3. Pour in pre-greased loaf pan, pre-greased muffin pan, or muffin baking cups.
4. Bake at 350 until light brown color on top. Small loaves take approximately 45 minutes.
5. Enjoy!


I love making mini muffins too. I freeze them in Ziploc bags and pull them out for the boy's breakfasts.

Parties I linked to:
Photobucket125 button
http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/search/label/the%20Cure%20for%20the%20Common%20Monday

1 comment:

  1. Yum! This looks delicious! I love banana bread. That is so cute about your son eating the banana, haha.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...