Saturday, June 25, 2011

Patriotic Bean Bag Toss for 4th of July

We always have a huge family gathering for 4th of July at my mother-in-laws house. She has a pool and she is great at entertaining large groups. I thought it would be fun for the kids to have some games to play when they take a break from the pool. The adults always have a great game of competitive washers going. If you don't know what washers is...you need to look it up! This is the bean bag toss I created this week.


I started with some scraps of patriotic fabric from the quilt I posted earlier this week. I pieced together 4x4" squares.


Place right sides of fabric together. Leaving a small opening to turn them inside out, sew with 1/4" seam allowance. Turn inside out and fill with rice or beans. Then stitch the small remaining opening together.
Next I cut a star out of plywood with a jigsaw. I did it without a pattern so it is definitely not perfect. A square or a rectangle shape would work just as easily.  I elected to only cut one hole out of the middle to make it fun and easy for children of any age.


Then I taped it off to paint it red, white, and blue. I cut a small piece of wood and screwed it in the back to make it stand up.



I bought an adorable patriotic bucket to keep the beanbags in and our game was ready to go. My son is already enjoying it!




Please check back tomorrow for another fun children's game I am working on. It requires minimal supplies and will be so fast to make!


Parties I linked to:
PhotobucketMaking Monday Marvelous Linky Party

NightOwlCraftingBLOG TITLEPhotobucket
Fantabulous Friday! Ladybird Ln

4 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm featuring it in my 4th of July post tomorrow!

    Kelsey
    www.everyday-is-a-celebration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. You linked right before me on Between Naps on the porch.

    I am working on a carnival theme party for my daughter so this is perfect to make!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun - and useful for so many different holidays or events (birthdays, bbqs, 4th of July, etc).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! What a great idea!
    http://babiesandbumblebees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...